Being Indian

#latepost

On this Independence day,
I would like to thank my country and my country men for building and supporting me.
Each and every day I am aware of the freedom I have. And there is no other gift I would have asked for :)

Happy 70th Birthday India 😊💙

Being Indian

Those borders in the north
don't define me
But the vast boundless ocean
in the south, does!
The limitless sky above, does!
Those innumerable lives
coursing through my veins, does!
Those borders already, been
crossed and sailed across
What you see on the map
Is a beating heart
born 70 years before
My soul, though, is as old as
history of the Universe goes.
Being Indian is about
growth and spirit,
strength and kindness
and above all respect!
So as you celebrate
the birth of this heart
I ask you to not forget
this old soul!

-The Indian Soul 😊

Comments

Popular Posts