Apollo

#bookHangover #longpost
#justbookthings #youcanignore
🤓😁
Preface :

Usually I don't share character writeups. But I liked the way Rick (author)  wrote the character of Lester (which is based on the Greek God Apollo). Lester is self absorbed and downright sarcastic! He speaks with ex-God pov.

Sample :
Being productive. Ugh. It's such a human concept. It implies you have limited time (LOL) and have to work hard to make something happen (double LOL).

And no he doesn't turn into a good guy suddenly.. His character is so genuine that it is unapologetically humane! And well I enjoy the sarcastic humor in Rick Riordan's book!

So this short post kind of cropped up in my head!

*********************************
I sit patiently, listening
while you raved, on and on
about your glorious maneuvering
Of the Sun chariot
through the clear blue sky,
and seamless (crash) landing
on beautiful island of Delos!

With laurel wreath adorning
your forehead
and deft fingers on the lyre, strumming
In a midst of a hyacinth field!

All this while singing prophecies
in haikus and limericks!
But then you say 'God of
awesomeness for ya', earning
a big eye roll, rightly so!

'And hey stop giving me that eye roll
Wait till I regain my godly powers.. '
Amused, I take the knife from
his ex-godly hands,
Which by the way
were currently busy, peeling potatoes !
A smirk tugs the corner of his mouth
as he continues
'.. then will let you know how special
being a mortal was!'

*********************************

Comments

Popular Posts