Speak Yourself #12 : Hubris and Hell

Each element has a different narrator perspective and story setting, although the arc is kind of in linear progression.
Element -  Fire
Narrator (Hades) - God
Theme - God's point of view explaining that Hubris isn't just a mortal's Achilles' heel!
Tag words -  Pride, bound, oath

Speak Yourself #12 : Hubris and Hell

By the river Styx
I saw him, broken
feathers and limbs, pieces
of wood and wax, molten
another mortal, yet
another fall from Hubris
every mortal's Achilles' heel!

By the river Styx
they swear, again
yet again
they pledge humility
and again, lost
they stumble across
wading, sometimes
a mass of bobbing flotsam
incoming
to me, towards the inferno
that I call Home!

By the river Styx
I trudge
bound to this dark, fiery pit
this ominous, dreaded place
this underworld, the Hell
to receive you
with open arms
welcome to my hubris!

---------------------------------------

Concluding thoughts :
So I am writing about pride. Excessive pride often leads to downfall but wait a second.. downfall, right but from one's own hubris to other.
This universe is a Hubris! Its meant to be one. It's not necessarily a bad place just need a little adapting!! 😁

Note: Regarding #SpeakYourself series I will clarify that it is in its second phase and yet to continue for a long way.. Just fyi

1. In first phase, all the posts had a background of fairy tales woven together with my musings. (post #1 to #10)
2. In second phase, posts going to include Greek myths as background to my misings . (post #11 to ??)
3. Thank you for following up till now 😊

Comments

  1. Your post was very nicely written. I’ll be back in the future for sure!
    alcove bathtub

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts