A tale of Pheonix and a Thief

Preface:
Most of the time I let the readers form their own perspective of what I write.. But this time, there is a central idea behind this post that I would like to share.

'A character is much more powerful than a role when it is self aware'!

Happy Reading 😊✌️

A tale of A Phoenix and A Thief

Perched atop a chestnut tree
In my cinnamon and twigs pyre
Mine scarlet gold plumage
arise anew
While I watch
the Thief, count the trinkets he stole
Unbeknown to him. .

He thinks, he robs me
see me burn to ashes!
plans and efforts, he reminisces,
spent in pulling out this heist!
Brags about stealing from an ever elusive, believed historic entity,
a Phoenix, that is me!

But what catches the Thief off guard
Is when he feels himself, starting
to disintegrate, engulfed in flames
right in front of his pile of stash!

I watch him look, for the first time
At the two identical reflections in the river, down below
One rising from the ashes
Other consumed by flames.
That's when I see the realization in his eyes
He actually sees himself for the first time!

I watch him take his last breathe
Now that I think, out of the two of us
I feel more of a successful thief than him
For what could have been
'a tale of two phoenix'
The title only reads
'A tale of a phoenix and a thief'! 

Comments

Popular Posts