Speak Yourself #4 : The Proverbial Beanstalk

Preface:

Each element has a different narrator perspective and story setting, although the arc is kind of in linear progression.
Element -  Air
Narrator (I) - a human
Theme - The perspective of a human looking for quick success and failing to do so.
Tag words - obstacles, traps, efforts, sucess

--------------------------------------------------
Speak Yourself #4 : The Proverbial Beanstalk

Only yesterday, just a rabbit hole
wherein, now stood a humongous Beanstalk
piercing the Sky above, and beyond
and here I stand below
with another mystery to solve
from here on where did Jack go?

So I set up a trap
to catch Jack red-handed
with golden eggs and magic harp
where this ladder-to-riches stands
still intact and grand!

But to my surprise
the morning, next
there's neither a trail
nor a catch..
only a cut beanstalk
with a 'giant' boulder on top!

All I manage is
to laugh at my own idiocy
Coz the trap I set, intended
for Jack, managed
to destroy my only chance..
I believe, Jack's a good pilot
currently up somewhere, tending
to his castle in the Sky!

---------------------------------------

Concluding thoughts :
I think the ladder of success always look like something grown overnight to another. Sometimes people try to use it without putting efforts to climb. In their attempt to harness the rewards without actually climbing it, they cut their way and inadvertently put the climber in the pilot seat!


Comments

Popular Posts