Speak Yourself #9 : The Living Marionette

Each element has a different narrator perspective and story setting, although the arc is kind of in linear progression.
Element -  Air
Narrator (I) - A human
Theme - A human's perspective on wishful thinking.
Tag words - naivety

Speak Yourself #9 : The Living Marionette

I saw him skipping
On his way to school
Little Pinocchio,
with wooden limbs
attached strings
a blabbermouth,
through and through!

I walk beside
with him expressing
his wish
of becomin' a boy
sportin' a Cheshire grin
as he keeps
jingling five gold coins
between his palms!

I bade him farewell
thinkin' to myself
if only wishes
could be bought
with coins
it being as likely
as a marionette
becoming a boy!

But I rather let
Pinocchio try
whether
being a boy
or merely a toy
no one can really deny
his right to live, no lie!

-----------------------------------

Concluding thoughts:
What does it means to live?
Well everyone has their individual opinion regarding the meaning but living doesn't always requires to be defined sometimes it is an Art undefined, unconventional. Isn't art a best life definition?


Comments

Popular Posts