High Tide

Time again for me to rise, 

grow a bit more wise..


Living through as many ages as myself  

You did think haven't I already 

seen everything that's  to be seen 

what's more yet left to know 

You who sits watching me from the shore 

can even predict precisely 

over which rocks will I break 

over and over again, 

watch me rise, crash and rise again 

caught in a redundant cycle

however momentary..

even little deviations foreseeable 

in the grand scheme of things 

you ain't wrong there..


I, alike everyone are going 

through same motions

within an evolving scene

You ain't the same

person who awaits with a surf board or swims beneath 

or the ships carrying stories, baggage 

at times afloat, at times forgotten

or the lighthouse sending signals for the lost to be found 

or the sky bursting into colours at the horizon

everybody does the same, day in day out

and together paint a picture, distinct, beautiful 

but difficult to capture as is

everyone tries to put into words, actions, art..


I rise, I break over rocks, standing still 

eroding little by little until they are rocks no more 

just dust soaked pages for you to leave footprints on

stories written for me to remember and retell..   













P.S. 

Images used does not belong to me. Used solely for aesthetic purpose, courtesy google search.

Credit to the actual owner. No copyright infringement intended. 

Comments

Popular Posts