Art Form #2: Triple Axel

Preface:
Well, I find figure skating to be the most aesthetic sport to watch, and well the recent 2020 Four Continents Figure Skating Championships was no exception.

Post inspiration : Rika Kihira's and Yuzuru Hanyu's triple axel in the above mentioned championship!❄️⛸️

Art Forms #2: Triple Axel

The notes, the melody
skids on the calm outside
gradually, seeping inside
me, as if uniting
with the thrum
of my heartbeat
the homecoming..
sliding up , gracefully
onto my fingertips
down to my very toes..

My eyes
traverses
the icy white rink
and the other eyes
on me
letting myself sing..
sing a song, of ice,
silvery snow white
without a voice, but
with triple toe loops
and quad spins
and, and smiling eyes..

And yet..
what we anticipate..
all the eyes in the rink
with bated breaths
and me with my bent knees
is this, this flight in the air
three and a half rotations
then this, this landing on the ice
a feat amidst
soaring music and cheers
only for it all to subside
the notes, the melody
seeping out
out on the calm, outside
skimming ice, after
a promise made to reunite!!


Postface :
This series is about seven art forms -
Painting.
Sculpture.
Music.
Poetry.
Dance.
Architecture.
Social sculpture.

Comments

Popular Posts