Because I run no race..

Ain't a tortoise, ain't a hare
though, we seek the finish line,
in a distance near
'a race against time we face'
in bold reads a streamer
but it's really 'fears', giving chase
our true despair!

So I let the fears catch me
overwhelm me, run through me
I let the time run with them, up ahead
I stand watch, while you are up ahead
of time, running
the finish line not so distant, beckoning..

So I walk deliberately, slow
You, a winner, is met by cheers
I reach just fine, behind time, in tow
No applause awaits here
But time awaits, and many fears
like old friends, dear
And I know they know
that I run no race..

I breathe , I feel,  I care
because, I run no race
I walk, I climb, I'm aware
because, I run no race
against you, time or fear

I decide the finish line
I realise, that isn't here
because, well I run a marathon
and, it's only an end of a year
somewhere, out there
another victory awaits, silent
the only one I wanna know, ever.. 

Comments

Popular Posts