Labyrinth

I recall the beginning, a distant haze
a doorway so huge, I step through
hands leading me in, into the maze
a promise of an adventure,
sporting a child's glee!

And then.. somewhere,
along the journey, I recall doorways,
one too many, no hands hold mine, but
share laughter, asking 'what's next?'
No two eyes seem to see the same
each reply leads to yet another maze!

Whilst I choose a path to take
only to come across, yet another
set of doorways..
I find hands unknown, point and direct
and I ponder 'highway or my way?'

And so I find myself here, right where I began,
in front of that same doorway
strangely, hands hold mine
this time, I am the one leading them in, deep inside the maze..

I ain't thinking of what lies ahead
but of the trail I left behind, curious
if they can find it or
create their own, just the way I did..

Comments

Popular Posts