Tarot Major Arcana: The Emperor

I was once a young King 

on my new fancy throne

bearing an "air" full of authority

to control, to hold, to dispense

until the very air 

inflated to proportions, difficult to contain

chipping away the riches and my sanity

little by little

Insanity drove me to conquer, more space

bringing along even more air

a realm ballooning so far

a mere pinprick

more than enough to deflate

So I took a deep breathe

letting breath become air,

air became words, 

words became ink, later

filling out pile of papers

where I met wisdom, timeless

meanwhile the world continued to spin..


Now, I sit on a throne much archaic

than those of the Kings before and now

my back facing the window

through which blows in 

a breeze

bearing news of subtle change

along, a light, sneaks in

letting me perceive things 

before me, familiar but vague

and yet among all that 

dusts, rusts and cobwebs

lies a treasure priceless 

for some, mere paper 

but for wise few, alike you 

it's a breath of fresh air

slowly inhaled, then exhaled

better contained 

between ink and pages

than blood and bones!

Comments

Popular Posts