The Quad Axel

Today the ice feels different

a best friend suddenly distant

my skates glide over

a distinct friction 

present as ever 

though buried under 

immense anticipation loud

heard in the bated breathes of the crowd

and irregular pounding of my heartbeats 


Strangely unconcerned about 

the gold or the applause

me and the now distant friend of mine

converse, well as they say it is me

breaking the ice

a wave of nostalgia passes over 

our shared memories

quad loops and camel spins

hydroblading our version of high five!


Like every relationship our friendship

seems to be on cusp of transformation

I feel it in the air cold

seeping through skin and bones

silently reminding myself

of the promise I made

landing the quad axel

a promise I intend to keep

though unsure of what the future holds

am already preparing a parting gift!


















NOTE: 

It was so nice to see the 4A attempt by Yuzuru. 

And he is almost there in landing the quad axel.

His grace and character has my utmost respect💙



P.S. 

Images used does not belong to me. Used solely for aesthetic purpose, courtesy google search.

Credit to the actual owner. No copyright infringement intended. 

Comments

Popular Posts