Tennis Lessons


More than a decade back
In a small corner
of a weekly school paper
ran an interview of a certain
19 year old lifting a prolific trophy
in the French capital
in this game they called tennis.
And thus began my tryst
with this beautiful game.
In course of time, unintentionally
I happened to pick lessons,
So here I list a few..

No matter how best one serves
One does fault or double fault
Living isn't only about
winners and aces, now, is it?
The prickly net is going nowhere
Better to remember to serve over it.

One can always hit a backhand or
a forehand maybe,
well until then I was used to
being handed things down to me!
Being a part of rallies or hitting a volley
Well one cannot remain a spectator
while on the court, can he?

A defeat might seem the end of road
A win might seem to catapult to glory
But the sweat and toil behind
Paints altogether, a different story
An individual experience, both mental
and physical, a push beyond limit!

'To hold to love' or 'to break to love'
Whoever coined those expression
Well couldn't have done a better job
checking out a tennis glossary is
certainly worth one's time 😎

In a bustling arena one owns
only a half of court
But as long as one keeps on tossing
and chasing one's dreams
Its enough space to conquer and
rule the arena and beyond!

So a decade later I happen to
watch tennis, read tennis,
write tennis even breathe tennis 😉
But the greatest irony of it remains
I am yet to play tennis 😂


Note : This had been my short attempt (yeah short) of sharing some tennis love.
Well it was just overflowing gamut of emotions. So it happens to be all over the place.
Well this to be expected from me when it comes to tennis 😎

Comments

Popular Posts